Friday, May 4, 2012

Glitters of Grace {part 2}




A while ago I wrote a post called Sparkles of Grace and today on my walk it came back to me. I have been having some rough days with the girls. I love them like crazy, but honestly they are screaming at each other (and me) all day long! Not only that, but they are not listening to anything I say, which leads me to yell all day! I know its not what I'm supposed to do, but it is what I do do. And when I do this, the girls feel like I dont like them! Its been an awful cycle. So I went for a walk to think and let go of some of the stress. While I was walking, I thought about those glitters of grace, those small bits of love that you toss high in the air to land anywhere and everywhere. I have been holding onto my glitter, not giving easily and certainly not tossing it! So I think that maybe its not my kids that need to change, but me! I need to tell them I love them out loud so they hear it, tell them the good they do, not just the bad, to hug them and read to them and push them on the swing. Simple signs of love that convey so much. I can do that! Maybe those bits of love that I liberally toss out there will stick to them and really make them feel loved. And maybe that love will help them toss some of their own glitter! :)

2 comments:

  1. A book that you may have heard of could be helpful to you. It is called "how to listen so kids will talk and talk so kids will listen". Or maybe the other way around!! It is a book that I go back to over and over again. It fits with the Montessori ethos of following the child within firm boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have been thinking I need another book! I hope things calm down soon, I am blaming the Supermoon! ;) Honestly, I think that things have just gotten away from me and I need to find a good base again! I will get this book! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete