Friday, January 27, 2012

Rainbow Unicorn Birthday~ Day 1!

Today my Bunny turns 6 years old! I am so proud that she has grown in the the beautiful, cheerful, and detailed girl that she is! I love her ability to celebrate the littlest things and to keep order to all the big ones too! She has learned and grown so much this year that sh hardly seems like the same little girl! She had learned to tie her shoe, to read some small books, to add and subtract and even do some multiplication! She learned to love God in a deeper way, to observe her world in detail, and to find deep appreciation of nature! I love her so very much! She was born so small and yet so curious about her world. I love that she is still the same Bunny she always has been! My hope is that she always will be as she grows into a little lady!
Today on her 6th birthday I really wanted to celebrate this year with her. It seems as if this birthday ends that small child phase of life. She is growing and getting older and I think that she is now almost and elementary child! I cant believe how fast its gone!!! So I really went out of my way this year to make sure that Bunny had a wonderful birthday! My sister and I set the whole table up the night before, so it was all ready for Bunny when she woke up! Each place setting was a different color of the rainbow, with a name card, plates, silverware, recycled crayons favor, and a small handmade unicorn (made by my sister)! One each chair was a puff ball made of tissue paper and the unicorn hat! It was very impressive (if I do say so myself) and I think that everyone thought it was great!

Here is the table all set!


Here is Bunny's Place (purple is her favorite color)!

These Puff Balls are AWESOME! My sister made them using this online tutorial here!

Chocolate rimmed glasses for milk!
This idea is from Pintrest here!


Here are the bags that hold the crayons I made a couple of weeks ago!

Red Place.

Orange Place

Green Place

Yellow Place.

The Birthday Girl!

Here is Bunny's Hair. She found all the colors of pony tail holders all on her own and
saved them just for her birthday!





Horses for the boys in case they just didn't want a girly unicorn!


Silly girl! She is so excited about Bunny's birthday! She is also a little sad its not her birthday!

The party time was kept fairly simple. I let the kids start the fun off with painting their unicorn (or horse). This was really alot of fun for them and they really got creative and did a great job! I love that they put so much time and effort into making them just right. I found these little unicorns here!





Here is Pup's.

This one is HM. He did it all on his own!

Here is Bunny's.

Bunny really enjoyed the painting so much that she wanted to paint a rainbow too! :)

After painting we went upstairs to do our Celebration of Life. The Celebration of Life is a Montessori Birthday tradition. The child holds a globe and walks around a candle (that represents the sun). Each time the child walks around the sun, it represents a year in their life. At each year, we share pictures and stories from that year in their life. Then we get to the new year they are beginning and we sing Happy Birthday. The child blows out the candle! It is a very personal and beautiful way to remember their life. In our house, after we do their celebration, i let them open a gift and have a treat! So this year we did this with our friends! Bunny loves this celebration so very much. I want to make a scrapbook with all the pictures from a year on a  page. This way I have all of them together. I also need to find a pretty candle to use each year. If someone has some ideas, I'd love to hear them!  After we sang, she opened her gifts!




I bought Bunny a Mini American Girl Doll. I told her that I would buy her one each and she could start a collection. She LOVED idea! In fact I think that if this was all she got, she would have been happy! :)


After all that fun, the kids were ready for lunch! We had Unicorn Horn roll ups (I forgot a picture). These were just crescent rolls with cheese and ham wrapped up in them. I rolled them so the edges are even for they rolled up in a spiral. We also had rainbow fruit Kabobs, milk in their special glasses, and rainbow cake in mason jars! They all loved it so much! The kids also haled make their own fruit Kabobs!

Here they are making their fruit.

The idea for this came from Pintrest here

.This idea came from Pintrest here.



Yummy!

It was a success! ;)

Happy 6th Birthday Bunny!

It was a super fun day and tomorrow will be another great day! We are gearing up for the Family Birthday Party! I hope that she really will love it too! Stop back and I will share all the other rainbow and unicorn fun we have! You can follow my Pintrest Birthday Board here to see all the inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment