Thursday, January 19, 2012

Save Those Pictures!

I have been a scrapbooker forever! My Grandma took me a scrapbook class when I was 14 and I have been scrapbooking since! I love the papers and the textures, I love saving the memories so that they last forever, and more then anything else I love watching people relive our fun as they look through an album! I was able to keep up after my dearest first daughter was born, but after my second came along, getting out stacks of paper, piles of embellishments, and all the pictures printed pictures was just too much. (Especially since the little booger ate anything she could get her hands on!). Then I discovered digital scrapbooking! It was like a beacon of hope in the dark tunnel of pictures and memories that were piling up. Ok that is a little overly dramatic, but you see what I'm saying! I LOVE digital scrapbooking. Everything is in one place, you can do more with the pictures, the options for artwork and embellishments is endless, and its all around the best option for me! However, the biggest draw back is printing the pages off! :) I have three years of beautifully done pages waiting to be printed. Well we got a coupon for a free photo book from Shutterfly and I took advantage of it. Pup (who is two) had almost no printed pictures of herself and always was trying to find them in the older scrapbooks of Bunny. Poor kid. So her baby book was first priority! So I used Shutterfly to make a book and it turned out pretty well. It does crop off the edges (so some of the embellishments were cut off) but it worked. And best of all Pup has been carrying it around with such pride and joy! Her face when she looked through it the first time was priceless! I loved it and it really lit a fire under me to try and get some more printed. I have always done 12x 12 pages, but the free album was 8x8, and this was such a great size (plus its less expensive)! So now with a bunch of coupons that Shutterfly keeps sending me, I have been able to get another one! I am happy to report that my first year of digital scrapbooking is almost all printed off! It was so fun to look back at what we did and what the girls were like. I really cant recommend having pictures out more! I cant wait for the album to come in. I have REALLY improved my scrapbooking skills since I started, but the pages in this album aren't too bad. ;) Here are a few of my favorites from the album!







Like I said, they are simple (an am better and changing things in the program now) but they are detailed at the same time! The program that I use is Creative Memories. I like alot of their artwork and I like that the program is simple ti use. You can also get your album printed through them and it will eliminate all that page cropping that I mentioned! I really love it! So I hope that you all take the time to remember and relish the good times you have! God blesses us with so much and its a shame if we forget it! Happy Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment