Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beautiful Towels!!!!

Well today, in between schooling, I managed to make a few towels for my brother in law and sister in law who are moving into a new house! I saw this idea on Pintrest here! They were just so cute I had to make them for her! They are the perfect house warming gift and so simple (in case you hadn't figured it out, I like simple!). I bought some simple white towels from the store and about a quarter yard of three different materials, and some coordinating ribbon! After washing and drying the material, Bunny ironed it for me! Then I cut it into 5 inch strips. These I folded in half, and ironed out flat. Then I used my ruffler foot ( awesome contraption) to ruffle the raw edges of the material! After that is was a simple matter of sewing the ruffles on the towel. I sewed one on the bottom edge, and them I added the other two a inch and a half above the next! Finally I cut and sewed the ribbon over the last raw edge of the ribbon! They turned out really well and so pretty! I hope that she likes them! Here are a few pictures I took before I wrapped them up!



What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment