Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

Well last night I worked really hard last night and managed to pull together a bit of Irish fun for the family today! I decorated the table all up and everything was ready for the girls when they woke up! It was pretty simple with the right ideas from Pintrest and a bunch of stuff in my stash!  Here is what we did for the holiday!


The table had some white napkins, flowers with printables, green leaf balls from Pup's Princess Party, Pompoms, and a little leprechaun Bunny made a couple of years ago!

Here is a link to the printables I used for the circles (yes they were free!).

I printed Subway art printable for the shelves


For lunch I tried this sandwich idea that I saw on...you guessed it.... Pintrest! I spread cream cheese on one side of the bread and topped that with lettuce. Then I used a small heart cookie cutter to make the shamrock! Bunny LOVED it. She ate two! Pup pulled the lettuce out and then ate it! ;) We are still working on eating all of our veggies! ;)

Cute huh? The link for these are here!

Dinner was a traditional corn beef brisket and boiled potatoes. I planned to have some carrots too, but I forgot to buy them! So I sauteed some zucchini and squash for an added veggie (I told the girls that they were gold! Neither of them bought it and they really didn't want to eat them). I also cut up some pears! Here are some pictures of out dinner that I remember to take!





For dessert, Bunny made a cake all on her own! Admittedly and I helped her measure out the oil, but she used the mixer and everything! She was so proud of herself! We made it green for obvious reasons and I put some chocolate ganche on the top! It was really great!





So that was out holiday fun! I hope that you all had a wonderful day too! St. Patrick was an amazing man, and I'm so happy to have such wonderful fun to celebrate his life! Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment