Saturday, March 10, 2012

My cooking!

Well pride goeth before a fall as they say and well I fell! Yesterday you will remember that I said I was a good cook. Well today I thought I would try and make a special dessert to take to some friends house. So I found a lovely recipe for Madeleines, French butter cookies. They looked like they took a bit of work, but not too bad. I also planned to make a chocolate mousse. So I got started with all the things that needed to melted and cooled and at room temperature! I started with the cookies. I made them according to the recipe and go them put in the pans. But I forgot to fold in the butter!!!! Arghhhh! They were delicate and had alot of whipped egg in them. So I pulled them out of the oven (they were only in there a minute before I figured it out) and i quickly scooped all the batter into the bowl and added butter! Then back into the oven they went. I was not really sure that they would work out, and.....they didn't! They were flat-ish and stuck horribly to the pan! *sigh*.



So I gave up on them and decided that the mousse would be just fine!!! So I went to work whipping eggs, blending tofu (yes tofu, it was a healthy recipe and you cant tell a difference), and melting chocolate! It looked pretty and tasted pretty good. However, as I scooped it out of the mixing bowl into the glass serving bowl, I dropped the mixing bowl just right and it broke the serving bowl! We aren't talking chipping it, we're talking shattering it! Glass shards were everywhere! So needless to say I was an hour from leaving with no dessert!!!!! So I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and that worked out well, but I felt like crying a little bit! All the work and time wasted! Oh well, at least our friends loved the cookies!!!!



It wasn't all bad today though! We did try a new food today for lunch, omelets!!!! My girls suggested eating eggs and I ran with it! I want to try new foods whenever we can, even if that means I need to cook lunch! I cut up some ham, zucchini, and tomato's to put in it. I added some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese as well! It was yummy and the girls like it for the most part! The tomatoes were a no go, but they never are! The zucchini however was eaten and I was happy about that! So I think we are off to a good start!


I really like this finding new foods to eat! I am going to keep this going since it seems to be a success (minus the dessert today)! My girls have tried new food and I really want us to keep that going! I will post more pictures as I take them! Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment